Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Materials Management Specialist
at WuXi AppTec
- Job ID
STA Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., a WuXi AppTec company (WuXi STA), is a global leading small molecule pharmaceutical development and manufacturing capability and technology platform company serving the life science industry. We are searching for a Materials Management Specialist to coordinate shipping/receiving and R&D/GMP inventories. Has understanding of handling materials and warehousing activities including inventory management. Responsible for maintaining proper documentation such as material requests, inventory record logs, import and export and other controlled documents. Responsible for shipping hazmat packages. Has ability to coordinate and work independently with procedural training and associated skills.
- Receive, identify, quarantine, store, handle, dispense, release, and issue raw materials, starting materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs), intermediates, reagents, labels, GMP supplies, and packaging materials.
- Assist with maintaining an accurate inventory (paper and electronic), expiration, and retest records for all GMP materials.
- Assist with retest of GMP inventory batches of Starting Material, Intermediates and Drug Substance when necessary.
- Assist with annual inventory cycle counts of all GMP materials as needed.
- Coordinate disposition of all expired materials and maintain applicable documentation.
- Ensure proper function and monitoring of refrigerators used for storage of materials.
- Participate in internal GMP inspections when needed.
- Operate a forklift when needed.
- Transfer GMP material to and from STA Pharmaceutical US LLC to clients and third parties in the U.S. and foreign countries.
- Proficient in both DOT & IATA shipments, including applicable certifications.
- Interface with a variety of departments when coordinating shipping and receiving.
- Maintain appropriate training for import/export shipping and receiving. Proficient in associated documentation for all import/export activities.
- Maintain general supplies, orders and re-stock GMP areas as required.
- Assorted additional duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma – previous handling of chemicals, experience with import/export procedures preferred, and experience with dangerous goods preferred, and related cGMP skills a plus.
Experience: Experience working within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry; ability (and interest) to receive training in the area of industrial chemical management. Applicant must be organized, professional, and reliable.
Specific Skills: Effective written and oral communication skills required. Applicants must have excellent computer and administrative skills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Must be medically fit to wear a respirator, lift 75 pounds, and be comfortable working with, and around hazardous materials.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability