Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director In Vitro Biology
at WuXi AppTec
- Job ID
HD Biosciences, Inc. (San Diego), a WuXi AppTec Company, is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Executive Director or Senior Director to lead in vitro integrated drug discovery services platform. This position will provide strategic, managerial, and scientific leadership to in vitro Biology program in the area of Target Discovery, Exploratory Biology, Oncology, iPSC etc.
• Manage and lead in vitro Biology scientific team to execute a variety of scientific projects to ensure successful execution of projects and best quality services
• Continue to build and grown a high-performance in vitro Biology team, provide effective mentorship and performance management.
• Establish and ensure delivery of financial and productivity goals
• Provide scientific direction and strategy to identify and implement emerging key technologies to expand service capabilities and fulfill customer needs in cutting-edge drug discoveries.
• Responsible for coordinate efforts and facilitate communication to ensure alignment between different units and our customers
• Provide support and participate in business development activities to promote services and engage new customers
• Ensure operation compliance of EHS rules and government regulations for all members of the in vitro Biology team
Experience / Education:
• Ph. D./M.D. with a minimum of 10 years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical/CRO working experience.
• A successful track record of managing a relevant business unit at CRO(s) is highly desirable
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, matrix management, and the ability to prioritize options, anticipate challenges, solve complex problems, and execute on goals in a fast-paced and customer-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated broad expertise in various in vitro biology areas
• In-depth knowledge and experience in Target Discovery, Oncology, iPSC is highly desirable.
• Self-motivated, well-organized and detailed oriented, a solid commitment to follow-through
• Proven track record working cross-functionally across a wide variety of technical, business and operational areas.
• Demonstrated good understanding of biotech/pharmaceutical industry and drug development.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills).
• Demonstrated ability to guide groups through team change and growth
• Ability to work well in team settings, build collaborative relationships with customers, managements, and peers from diverse backgrounds
• Must have good knowledge of MS Office products
• Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
• Must be able to work in Lab setting with exposure to Animals/biohazards / Chemicals
• Must be able to wear appropriate PPE
• Must be able to work in environment with variable noise levels
• Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to Lift 10 lbs routinely
• Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
• Ability to push/pull 10 lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
• Clarity of Vision
• Ability to identify and distinguish colors
• Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
• Ability to climb Ladders / Stairs / Scaffolding
• Ability to work in variable temperatures high to freezing
• Inside/outside working conditions
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability