YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Enrichment Supervisor
at YMCA of San Diego County
Are you an experienced leader with a background in Before and After School programs?
Do you enjoy coaching and supporting staff?
Are you a problem-solver able to work in a fast-paced environment?
Are you 18 years of age or older?
Support our Academic Enrichment Programs at the Following Sites
Copley-Price Family YMCA
Must be available from 7:00A to 4:00P Monday - Friday
*This is a seasonal position with an expected end date of December 18, 2020.
Y wait any longer?
Let’s start your career together!
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Build Your Resume
- Professional Growth
- Community Involvement
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Regularly provide leadership, coaching and direction for all assigned YMCA Staff at the program location
- Effectively manage monthly expenses to ensure program needs are met, in addition to positive fiscal outcomes
- Lead the day to day and monthly planning and provision of grade and age appropriate activities and events for participants in accordance with the goals and policies of the YMCA of San Diego County
- Accurate and timely completion and submission of all program paperwork. Accurate and appropriate scheduling and tracking of staff hours and work schedules. Coordinate staff breaks and ensure program ratios are maintained.
- Actively supervise program participants, ensuring their guidance and safety at all times
- Communicate in a timely, positive and professional manner with all participants, families, school personnel and community partners
- Collaborate with school personnel and program partners to align high quality academic activities and coordinate student services
- Provide positive behavior guidance that supports the developmental, social-emotional and physical needs of all students.
- Perform daily duties to ensure space is properly maintained, organized, clean and safe
- Facilitate and Lead daily group activities with youth in accordance with the daily and monthly planning
“I can do this!” What are the requirements?
- Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma/GED
- One or more of the following:
- Completion, with pass grades, of 12 units in Child Development (CD) OR RELATED FIELDS like Psychology, Sociology and Special ED including: 3 units in CD/ECE or RELATED FIELD; 3 units in Human Development or similar course; 3 units in Child, Family and Community, or similar course; 3 units in program/curriculum. AA or BA highly desirable. (Related fields can include: Arts, Early Childhood Education, Education, Humanities, Physical Education, Psychology, Recreation, Sociology and Theater)
- Minimum of the 1-2 years working in a child and youth development or education setting
- 6 mos with a BA/BS Degree in Education, Child Development or Early Childhood Education
- 1 year with AA Degree
- 2 years, otherwise
- Staff supervision experience in a professional setting is highly desirable
- Basic computer skills, including word processing, and ability to speak, read and write the English language
- Must have a sincere interest in leading, coaching and developing staff.
- Sincere interest in and ability to work with students in grades K-5, as well as parents and staff of diverse ethnic populations
- Skills to lead students in at least two of the following areas: STEM activities, Visual and Performing Arts, Physical Education/Outdoor Education, or Music.
- CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute