YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Site Supervisor – Expanded Learning Programs
at YMCA of San Diego County
$13.00 - $14.50/Hour
Offered at multiple locations
# of Openings:
Current Assistant Site Supervisor - Expanded Learning Programs Opportunities:
- North County Expanded Learning Programs (Escondido | Oceanside | Vista | Encinitas)
- Central San Diego Expanded Learning Programs (Metro/Mid San Diego | Mission Valley | Point Loma | Ocean Beach | Pacific Beach | La Jolla | Southeast San Diego)
- South Expanded Learning Programs (Chula Vista, National City, San Ysidro) Deadline 12/21
Seeking an energetic, dedicated, and motivating Assistant Site Supervisor - Expanded Learning Programs (ELP) to assist the Site Supervisor with overall program management, participant supervision, program planning, and implementation of academic and enrichment activities in the Before & After School program setting. The Assistant Site Supervisor will help manage safe, accurate, and efficient participant sign in/out procedures, and provide coaching and support for the Youth Leader staff members. The Assistant Site Supervisor position is the first step into leadership as you progress within the Child & Youth Development department. Assistants are highly effective with behavior management skills, communication, organization, problem solving and can successfully work in a fast-paced environment.
Individuals selected for this position receive a free family membership, paid sick leave (once accrued) and paid professional development opportunities and training. All YMCA staff have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What an Assistant Site Supervisor in ELP Does…
- Assist in the planning, management, and implementation of program activities in accordance with the goals and policies of the ASES/21stCCLC grant, school district, collaborative partners, and the YMCA of San Diego County.
- Supervise program participants, ensuring their guidance and safety at all times.
- Serve as lead staff of the expanded learning program in the absence of the Site Supervisor.
- Actively recruit students and market expanded learning activities to ensure program capacity.
- Collaborate with school and district personnel to align high quality academic activities and to develop and maintain positive relationships.
What We Look for in an Assistant Site Supervisor in ELP…
- Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma/GED.
- One year experience in child and youth development, education, or comparable setting required.
- Must meet minimum qualifications for a highly qualified Classroom Assistant/Instructional Aide in the district in which the assigned school operates; AA/AS degree, 48 college units, or passing score on district’s Classroom Assistant/Instructional Aide proficiency exam acceptable.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire, unless specified otherwise on contract, and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross or American Heart Association.