YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Executive Director
at YMCA of San Diego County
Full Time Exempt
Full Time with Benefits
South Bay Family YMCA
# of Openings:
The Associate Executive Director is responsible for overseeing branch operations and strategic planning of the following branch departments: Aquatics, Fitness, Sports, Gymnastics, Membership and Health & Wellness. The position will also provide staff and volunteer leadership to the Community Teams of the Annual Campaign fundraising efforts. The successful candidate will be an active and important member of the senior management team of the branch and the YMCA of San Diego County.
What a Associate Executive Director Does...
- Work within the branch executive leadership team to set the pace for successfully executing the Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plan.
- Provide leadership for the following:
- Continued direction for positioning the branch to be successful in its outreach and partnerships into the community
- Aquatics, Fitness, Sports, Gymnastics, Membership, Health & Wellness Departments
- All aspects of program operations including staff development, training, planning, fiscal development and management, program administration, market trends and analysis, capital development and human resources management
- Community Teams component of the Annual Campaign fundraising efforts
- Fiscal monitoring of total branch operating budget
- Effecting change to raise the level of service provided to member constituency
- Branch directors in recruiting and motivating community volunteers in the Annual Campaign and provide leadership to the Community Teams fundraising events
- Work with the staff team to develop program department budgets; effectively train staff to be proficient in market research, forecasting, detailing expenses and continued monitoring of daily revenue and expense.
- Develop systems for measuring level of productivity within departments
- Perform frequent on and off site inspections of programs and act as a resource to supervisory staff
- Develop a strong Y presence in the community forming professional relationships with key community leaders
- Assist with Board Committees and support the Executive Director to carry out the components of the Committee Charts of Work and prepare reports for the board meetings
- Develop strong relationships with the Board of Advisors and act as a liaison in motivating, recognizing and engaging them in the branch operations
- Participate in branch and corporate functions including staff retreats, board meetings, fundraising events, recognition events and program and membership drives
What We Look for in a Associate Executive Director...
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 3 years YMCA management experience
- Previous YMCA program experience and relevant YMCA Leadership Certification preferred
- Ability to demonstrate a vision of how to produce positive growth for the departments under their supervision and the branch in its entirety
- Demonstrated ability to produce positive results in areas of branch operations including: staff supervision and development, volunteer/member relations, program development, fiscal management, planning, problem solving and annual special event fundraising
- Knowledge of previous experience serving diverse populations
- High skill level in planning and implementation of administrative procedures and the ability to enforce safe regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple facilities/programs
- Must demonstrate exceptional supervisory, budgeting and forecasting skills to create and manage budget
- Experience supervising and providing leadership and training to a professional leadership team
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational abilities and problem solving strategies
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures
Ability to engage and motivate high level YMCA volunteers and key community leaders