YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
$11.50 - $13.06/Hour
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
# of Openings:
Seeking energetic and friendly staff that are excited for the opportunity to work with families, supervising kids and ensuring the safety of each child enrolled in Child Watch and Kid's Club. As a Child Watch Attendant you will be required to assist with play time; including engaging indoor and outdoor games, crafts and activities, as well as employing positive redirection to encourage proper behavior. Staff are responsible for maintaining the Child Watch and Kid’s Club room and equipment to ensure the satisfaction of our members by maintaining a safely run program. This position supports fun member engagement events throughout the year. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Childwatch Attendant Does…
- Interact with infants, toddlers, and school age children, directing and leading activities.
- Maintain cleanliness of Child Watch room, as well as toys and supplies.
- Supervise children inside and outside, always maintaining safety.
- Plan, prepare, implement and evaluate crafts and activities as needed for Child Watch, Kid’s Club and/or Special Events.
- Serve as positive role models to parents, staff, and children.
What We Look for in a Childwatch Attendant…
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience working with infants and children.
- Physical ability to lift children and infants.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swift in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.