YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coach - Gymnastics (Boys)
at YMCA of San Diego County
$11.50 - $13.75/Hour
Cameron Family YMCA
# of Openings:
Seeking fun, energetic and motivated Gymnastics Coach, at various experience levels, to join the YMCA team. As a Gymnastics Coach, you will instruct gymnastics practices, promote safety within the gym, provide an optimal learning environment for the children within the program, and work with children in a team environment. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Gymnastics Coach Does…
- Supervise and instruct team participants on proper use of equipment.
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Teach gymnastics skills in a structured class setting.
- Keep facility and equipment clean and well maintained at all times.
- Attend required staff meetings.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR, Safety Certification and USAG professional level membership.
- Have the ability to motivate and help others.
- Communicate effectively with participants, parents, and supervisor.
What We Look for in a Gymnastics Coach …
- The ability to teach and physically spot a variety of skills in all events that apply to the class level.
- The ability to give positive and corrective feedback to children.
- The ability to assess children's ability and teach skills appropriate to that ability.
- The ability to work as a team to ensure children's smooth transition between classes and levels.
- Safety certification and USAG professional level membership.
- The ability to attend competitions that require travel.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- The physical ability to stand and walk for extensive periods of time as well as the ability to lift weights of up to 45 pounds.
- CPR First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.