YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator II - Camp Dispatch
at YMCA of San Diego County
$14.00 - $19.25/Hour
Seasonal; hours may vary
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
# of Openings:
Seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Coordinator II – Camp to support a YMCA Day Camp program. The Coordinator II – Camp provides leadership, management & supervision of the staff team, as well as all camp participants, ages 5 – 16. The Coordinator II – Camp Dispatch provides weekly assessment of program, creates and implement trainings, writes staff and vendor schedules and assist with fiscal responsibilities. Additionally, they will provide feedback and assistance to ensure the day-to-day success of camp operations. This role ensures high quality program and is the point person for staff, participants and parents. The Coordinator II – Camp Dispatch position requires exceptional supervision skills, excellent organization and communication, follows through and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Coordinator II Camp Dispatch position can be Full Time or Part Time, depending on the branch:
- Part Time staff receive a free family membership, paid sick leave (once accrued) and paid professional development opportunities and training.
- Full Time staff receive a benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision options, an automatic 12% 401k contribution (once vested), a free family YMCA membership
All YMCA staff have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Coordinator II - Camp Disptach Does…
- Operate programs adhering to ACA guidelines and YMCA guidelines, procedures, policies, safety standards, mission and philosophy.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and open communication with staff, parents, participants, and community agencies involved in camp programs.
- Provide general office support as needed, including but not limited to, assisting members and participants, inputting tracking data, and fielding incoming phone calls.
- Developing an understanding of overall Camp Program Operations and facilitating the flow of information between participants and staff members.
- Organizing, inputting, and maintaining records related to parent phone calls, daily camp attendance, daily schedules, parent add slips and permissions to walk, Camp Evaluations, and invoice and supply tracking.
- Fielding and directing all incoming phone calls regarding Camp Operations and providing appropriate customer support and direction.
- Assisting with production of Camp Rosters and Medical Information printouts as needed by camp staff members.
- Assisting in managing daily online schedules for specific camps.
- Work with Camp Directors to input and retrieve data from camp database concerning camp groupings and parent pick-up and drop-off.
- Assist in preparation and coordination of supplies for pick up/drop off procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
What We Look for in a Coordinator II - Camp Dispatch…
- Must be 21 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma/GED.
- Must have at least three (3) years previous experience in youth programming & two (2) years previous experience supervising staff.
- Ability to supervise a variety of children including children with challenging behavior & ability to supervise a diverse staff team.
- Participate in developing and implementing curriculum activities for the children.
- Ability to adequately observe participants activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire, unless specified otherwise on contract, and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross or American Heart Association.