YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor I - Gymnastics
at YMCA of San Diego County
$11.50 - $13.06/Hour
Toby Wells YMCA
# of Openings:
Seeking fun, energetic and motivated Gymnastics Instructors, at various experience levels, to join the YMCA team. You will be responsible for the smooth delivery of gymnastics classes incorporating the YMCA’s core values and Mission, communication with parents, maintaining a safe environment and informing supervisor of all concerns. You will teach gymnastics and tumbling to children of all ages. This can be done in various settings, i.e. lessons, parties, camps or private lessons. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What an Instructor I - Gymnastics Does…
- Interact in a positive manner with children.
- Follow all lesson plans and teach accordingly.
- Teach assigned classes, following all lesson plans and rotation schedule, including the rules and procedures of class.
- Advance children from one level to next by following necessary evaluation procedures.
- Keep equipment in good condition by returning equipment to storage area at end of class and notify supervisor when equipment needs to be repaired.
- Be knowledgeable of the program (i.e. session dates, prices, classes, days and times).
- Plan in advance what you will teach each class.
- Basic knowledge of equipment use and safety checks.
What We Look for in an Instructor I - Gymnastics…
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Previous experience working with children between 3 and 14 years of age.
- Previous gymnastics coaching experience a plus.
- CPR and First Aid certification and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- The physical ability to safely spot, lead and interact in group activities, and perform physical skills.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.