YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor I - PLAY/PGP
at YMCA of San Diego County
Want to instruct sports activities for the youth in your community?
Join the Y and get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Central – Mission Valley YMCA
North Inland - Rancho Family YMCA (11:00am - 2:00pm)
Beach and Bay Family YMCA - (7:45AM - 12:45PM)
Y would I apply?
· FREE Complete Gym Membership
· FREE Workout Classes
· FREE Pool Access
· Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
· Build Your Resume
· Opportunities for Growth
· Community Involvement
· PART TIME Perks
o FREE Family Membership
o Paid Sick Leave
o Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
· Plan, lead and supervise group practices and games
· Effectively communicate clear objectives for all lesson, units, and projects with students
· Engage students in varied experiences that meet diverse needs and promote youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility
· Ensure a safe program operation for all participants
· Communicate, collaborate, and cooperate effectively with colleagues, supervisor, teachers, principals, and students
· Attend and actively participate in staff meetings
· Build positive communication with staff, participants and parents
· Log daily attendance of participants and maintain records
· Demonstrate enthusiasm in all phases of work with participants
· Instill, teach and model YMCA values at all times
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
· Must be 18 years or older
· One year of experience working in childcare, day camp, and/or community youth outreach setting
· Background in physical education, nutrition or organized youth sport
· Must be able to relate well to youth, parents, and volunteers
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
· Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
· Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform job related tasks
· CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
o American Red Cross
o American Heart Association
o American Safety & Health Institute