YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor I - Skate Park
at YMCA of San Diego County
Want to instruct skateboarding for the youth in your community?
Join the Y and get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
North – Ecke Family YMCA
Y would I apply?
· FREE Complete Gym Membership
· FREE Workout Classes
· FREE Pool Access
· Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
· Build Your Resume
· Opportunities for Growth
· Community Involvement
· PART TIME Perks
o FREE Family Membership
o Paid Sick Leave
o Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
· Create a safe and fun skate environment
· Teach skateboarding classes for all levels
· Supervise participants at all times
· Effectively communicate with staff and participants
· Model the values and mission of the YMCA at all times
· Follow YMCA standards and procedures
· Build professional relationships with members, participants, staff and the community
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
· Must be 18 years or older
· Experience with skateboarding
· Must possess flexibility especially in scheduling shifts, including ability to work weekends
· The visual and auditory ability to quickly respond to incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
· The physical ability to lift 35 pounds
· The physical ability to lead and interact in activities and enforce safety standards
· Ability to instruct skateboarding classes for all ages
· CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
o American Red Cross
o American Heart Association
o American Safety & Health Institute