YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor I - Skate Park
at YMCA of San Diego County
Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA
# of Openings:
Responsible for assisting the Skate Park Coordinator in daily operation and supervision of the YMCA Skate Park and its part time staff. This includes monitoring Skate Park admissions, supervision of facilities and staff, safety and behavior of all participants through understanding and implementation of Skate park policies and procedures.
- Minimum age of 18 years old.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with skateboarding.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- The visual and auditory ability to quickly respond to incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
- The physical ability to lift 35 pounds.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in activities and enforce safety standards.
- Must possess flexibility especially in scheduling shifts.
- Ability to instruct skateboarding classes for all ages.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.
- Execute day to day responsibilities to create a safe, secure and enjoyable skate environment.
- Supervise and ensure safety of participants at all times.
- Effectively communicate with staff and participants.
- Model the values and mission of the YMCA at all times.
- Follow YMCA standards and procedures as outlined in staff manual, at staff trainings and at staff meetings.
- Maintain a professional manner with members, participants, staff and the community.