YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor II - Gymnastics
at YMCA of San Diego County
$11.50 - $13.75/Hour
La Jolla Family YMCA
# of Openings:
Seeking highly skilled Gymnastic Instructor II candidates. Ideal candidates are enthusiastic, creative, have a passion for working with youth and are experienced with Gymnastics instruction. You will be responsible for the smooth delivery of gymnastics classes incorporating the YMCA’s core values and Mission, communication with parents, maintaining a safe environment and informing supervisor of all concerns. You will teach progressive boys and girls gymnastics classes to school age children. This can be done in various settings, i.e. lessons, parties, camps or private lessons. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What an Instructor II - Gymnastics Does…
- Interact in a positive manner with children.
- Prepare and train boys and girls with gymnastic skills and apparatus.
- Supervise and instruct children on proper use of equipment.
- Follow all lesson plans and teach accordingly.
- Teach assigned classes, following all lesson plans and rotation schedule, including the rules and procedures of class.
- Advance children from one level to next by following necessary evaluation procedures.
- Keep equipment in good condition by returning equipment to storage area at end of class and notify supervisor when equipment needs to be repaired.
- Be knowledgeable of the program (i.e. session dates, prices, classes, days and times).
- Plan in advance what you will teach each class.
- Basic knowledge of equipment use and safety checks.
What We Look for in an Instructor II - Gymnastics…
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Minimum 1 year of gymnastics instruction experience
- Ability to spot school age children in basic skills
- Knowledge of boys and girls gymnastics apparatus
- Familiar with USA Gymnastics progressive levels
- Previous gymnastics coaching experience a plus
- CPR and First Aid certification and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- The physical ability to safely spot, lead and interact in group activities, and perform physical skills.