YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor III - Dance, Cheer, & Tumbling
at YMCA of San Diego County
$11.50 - $14.64/Hour
Part Time; Must be available weekday afternoons/evenings
Copley-Price Family YMCA
# of Openings:
Seeking energetic and friendly staff that are excited for the opportunity to work with families and members of the communities. As an Instructor III, you will instruct dance, cheer, and tumbling classes for children or adults with a positive and high energy enthusiasm. Individuals selected for this position will receive the benefit of a free family membership and have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
*Must be available weekday afternoons/evenings
What a Dance Instructor Does…
- Plan, lead, and supervise dance activities as indicated on schedule that follows the program objectives and the Y-Mission Statement.
- Instruct dancers ages 3 to adult.
- Order, maintain and inventory of program equipment and supplies.
- Assist director in implementation of program reviews.
- Maintain a positive relationship with teachers, staff, participants and parents.
- Participate in holiday and spring performances.
- Must maintain regular communication with participants and families regarding programs and events.
- Regular communication with Performing Arts Supervisor.
- Maintain excellent customer service
- Maintain class rosters and assure registration of students.
What We Look for in a Dance Instructor…
- Minimum age is 18 years old.
- More than 1 years’ experience instructing dance required.
- Experience working with children 3 years to adults.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to teach beginners by breaking steps down.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant, enforces safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical ability.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.