YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
We're Hiring at the Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA in Encinitas,CA!
Want to instruct sports activities or lead classes for the youth and adults in your community?
Join the Y and teach sports, get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
Instructor IV - Basketball
Shifts on Monday/Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Shifts are 2.8 hours
Instructor IV - Soccer
Shifts on Tuesday/Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Shifts are 2.8 hours
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Plan, lead and supervise group practices and games in accordance with Y Mission Statement
- Ensure a safe program operation of all participants and spectators
- Provide continual instruction and supervision of group and serve as a leader
- Maintain good communication between teams, the YMCA and supervisor
- Maintain a positive relationship with staff, participants and parents
- Instill teaching of values and skills to the participants while refereeing
- Know and enforce YMCA rules
- Keep friendly and fun atmosphere between players, parents, and coaches. Enforce warnings when necessary
- Notify supervisor immediately of any problems or concerns
- Ensure the playing area is in safe playing condition prior to the start of each game
- Ensure effective communication with parents, colleagues, and participants
- Remain calm to diffuse potential adverse situations
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings
- Log daily attendance of participants and maintain records
- Follow YMCA standards, procedures, guidelines, objectives and goals
- Demonstrate enthusiasm in all phases of work with participants
- Instill, teach and model YMCA values at all times
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 18 years or older
- At least 2 years experience in instruction of organized youth sports
- Excellent customer service, communication and leadership skills
- Experience organizing and running soccer or basketball practices and games
- Available evenings and various hours on Saturday or Sunday afternoons or evenings required for games
- Must be able to relate well to youth, parents, and volunteers
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform job related tasks
- CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute