YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Therapist - TIDES
at YMCA of San Diego County
This position has a Full-Time or Part-Time opportunities available.
The Mental Health Therapist will provide psychotherapy services eligible youth and their families. This position will assist and support with administrative duties.
What a Mental Health Therapist Does...
- Provide individual, family, and group psychotherapy/counseling
- Provide clinical assessment, evaluation, service plan development, case management, crisis intervention, collateral services, and other duties as necessary
- Maintain case records and other confidential material to facilitate data collection material
- Collaborate with school staff and other community based services to ensure high quality of care
What We Look for in a Mental Health Therapist......
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field required
- California license eligible clinician with two years post-master’s degree experience preferred
- Registered with California Board of Behavioral Science required
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with children and families in a mental health setting required
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with County paperwork in the mental health field
- Must be able to multitask and have good organizational skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse community
- Visual and auditory ability to observe critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
- Ability to adequately observe participants activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- Must possess the ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills
- Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout San Diego County
- This position requires sitting and inputting on a computer for extended periods of time
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required and must be from one of the following certifying organizations: American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or American Safety and Health Institute