YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mental Health Therapist - Transitional Housing (Temporary)
at YMCA of San Diego County
This position has a Full-Time Temporary or Part-Time Temporary opportunity available and will not exceed 4 months.
Provide direct therapeutic services including assessments, individual, group and crisis counseling to current and past participants. Assist in program development and operation while ensuring eligibility and program outcomes.
What we look for in a Mental Health Therapist...
- Provide individual, family and crisis counseling to participants and facilitate groups to current and former participants.
- Provide clinical assessment, evaluation, service plan development, case management, crisis intervention, collateral services, and other duties as necessary.
- Educate service staff on mental health topics and facilitate treatment planning and case management goals.
- Provide information and referrals regarding other transitional program services, mental health, medication management and substance abuse to participants.
- Collect pre and post program data on program participants regarding satisfaction and progress.
- Work independently and as a team member to create innovative ways to meet contract goals and provide a high level of service that is engaging and meets the needs of the participants.
- Maintain collateral contact with outside therapy providers as needed.
- Complete counseling intake and psychosocial assessments of all participants.
- Maintain case records and other confidential material.
- Maintain records to facilitate data collection material.
- Collaborate with outside agencies/institutions and other community based services to ensure high quality of care.
- Transport participants in YMCA vehicle to and from activities and appointments as needed.
- Practice non-aggressive defensive driving techniques.
- Operate YMCA vehicles in safe manner.
- Vehicle use is for YMCA business only.
- Participate in and attend all staff meetings, YMCA staff development events and appropriate agency-wide committees.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned and assist with maintaining proper document storage and auditing.
What we a Mental Health Therapist does...
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work (ASW) or Professional Counselor required.
- California license eligible clinician preferred.
- Registered with California Board of Behavioral Science required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Must be self-aware, flexible, adaptable and teachable.
- Experience with working with adolescents and families.
- Must be able to multitask and have good organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse community.
- Visual and auditory ability to observe critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participants activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures.
- Must possess the ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel throughout San Diego County.
- Valid CA Driver's License with a good driving record.
- Current CDL H6 print-out (must be dated within 30 days of application.)
- Pass pre-employment drug testing.
- Pass vehicle proficiency exam.
- Criminal record clearance by being fingerprinted prior to reporting to work and signing a statement regarding criminal convictions.
- A physical exam and negative TB test results.
- This position required sitting and inputting on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification required and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.