YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Office Administrator II
at YMCA of San Diego County
$14.00 - $19.25/Hour
Full Time with Benefits
Mission Valley YMCA
# of Openings:
Under the direction of the Director of Finance, the Office Administrator II is responsible for all Character Builders, Masters swim, Swim team and Mission Valley camp administration to include branch financial assistance and third party billing. The Office Administrator II is responsible for all registration of Mission Valley childcare and camp. Responsibilities will include payment processing, setting drafts, collecting NSF’s, cancellations, and refund requests. The Office Administrator II will be responsible for creating vouchers and processing refunds for the programs of the Mission Valley branch. This position is also responsible for tracking childcare files as well as timely communication with the preschool and camp sites of any changes.
What an Office Administrator II Does...
- Provide general administrative support for the childcare and camp departments. Process all program registration, set up computer records, generate reports as needed by sites, process monthly billing, and verify bank draft processing for programs. Communicate with program directors and site supervisors on a monthly basis to discuss billing.
- Travel to sites to assist in program registration.
- Proofread all program handbooks and marketing material submitted.
- Prepare copies of Program Registration paperwork and monitor front desks to ensure copies are available throughout the year.
- Responsible for billing and monitoring third party payments.
- Responsible for processing all financial assistance, including data entry and communication with applicants.
- Enter all new programs into CCC.
- Run Rosters for all programs.
- Responsible for processing credits, transfers and refunds following our policy guidelines with approval from a director.
- Attends all scheduled staff meetings and work at branch special events as needed.
- Ensure that YMCA policies, procedures, and applicable laws are adhered to at all times.
- Develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of business application accounting feature including: End of Day, End of month, and deferred processing.
- Process donations for Mission Valley during campaign months.
- Ensure that Facility Use Agreements and Independent Contractor for camp and childcare files are accurate and complete.
- Provide support with administrative tasks and projects involved with branch special events and campaign
- Assist the Director of Finance with various tasks and deadlines as needed.
- Communicate effectively with staff, Team Headquarters HR staff, Team Headquarters Accounting staff, volunteers and program directors and participants.
What We Look for in an Office Administrator II...
- High School graduate, business school or the equivalent, with at least one-year administrative experience and good public relation skills.
- Must possess bookkeeping experience, planning, and organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well with staff and volunteers.
- Show a belief in the YMCA mission and demonstrate the core values.
- Highly proficient in all Microsoft Office programs and internet research.
- Must be an independent worker and be willing to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time. Ability to input on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Must have transportation to run errands.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.