YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Official I - Adult Sports
at YMCA of San Diego County
Want to instruct sports activities and referee games for the members in your community?
Join the Y and get paid to be
active and – of course – have FUN!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION BELOW!
Central - Mission Valley YMCA (Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball)
North Inland - Palomar Family YMCA - Basketball
Y would I apply?
· FREE Complete Gym Membership
· FREE Workout Classes
· FREE Pool Access
· Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
· Build Your Resume
· Opportunities for Growth
· Community Involvement
· PART TIME Perks
o FREE Family Membership
o Paid Sick Leave
o Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
· Ensure a quality and safe program operation for all participants and spectators
· Keep the space safe at all times
· Keep friendly and fun atmosphere between players, parents, and coaches
· Know and enforce YMCA rules, give warnings when necessary
· Remain calm to diffuse any potential situations
· Instill teaching of values and skills to the participants while refereeing
· Ensure effective communication with supervisor, colleagues, and participants
· Build great professional relationships with members and families
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
· Must be 18 years or older
· Official's certification from an accredited organization required
· 2 years of experience in officiating sports
· Experience officiating competitive high school and/or adult age levels
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent customer service, communication and leadership skills
· Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency
· Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
· Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform job related tasks
· CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following: American Red Cross, American Heart Association?, or American Safety & Health Institute