YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
The Payment Analyst is responsible for analyzing and processing provider claims for payment. This position will manage a workload of provider claims/attendance records to process for payment, analyze and interpret payments based on provider request for reimbursement. This position follows California Department of Education Title 5 or San Diego County Child Care regulations and YMCA Childcare Resource Service policies and procedures.
What a Payment Analyst does...
- Monitors and maintains program resources essential to the maintenance of payment files and records as well as electronic files.
- Verifies and ensures payment files are up to date and in compliance with State and County requirements.
- Provides direct services to child care providers and program clients to fulfill the Funding Terms and Conditions, Title 5 Regulations or County Child Care guidelines.
- Conduct initial analysis to determine if payment can be processed using data base information on file.
- Verify attendance record information with child care provider when necessary.
- Calculate and enter data from attendance records to ensure prompt and accurate payment.
- Provide updated information regarding policy/procedural changes as required by law.
What we look for in a Payment Analyst...
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting and/or related field is preferred
- Prior detail oriented experience in which prioritization and organizational skills are necessary
- Prior experience in analyzing data to performing calculations of claims/invoices
- Strong proficiency in data entry, mathematical reasoning, analytical reasoning and electronic data processing
- Must have intermediate computer skills in MS Office (Word and Excel) and experience with 10-key
- Strong customer service skills, sensitivity to at risk populations, and cultural competency
- Conflict de-escalation, active listening, and communication skills
- Ability to effectively use the English language including speaking, reading and writing
- Visual ability to read printed and handwritten forms and reports
- Auditory ability to do extensive telephone and direct communication with clients and providers
- This position requires sitting for extended periods of time to perform on-going data entry and quality assurance to physical and computer files
- Ability to be flexible and innovative as the needs of the program evolves including flexible work hours to support departmental and agency program needs
- Ability to travel efficiently throughout San Diego County