YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
Looking to continue your career in Early Childhood Education?
Are you passionate about providing an inclusive Preschool environment?
Y wait any longer?
Let’s start your career together!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Encinitas – Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA - Multiple Part Time Substitutes
City Heights – Copley-Price Family YMCA - 1 Part Time & 2 Full Time
City Heights – Copley-Price Family YMCA - Infant Toddler Teachers 1 Part Time & 1 Full Time
Kearny Mesa - Toby Wells YMCA - 2 Full Time
Chula Vista- South Bay- 1 Part Time Sub
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Build Your Resume
- Professional Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
- FULL TIME - Looking for Benefits? We’ve got you covered:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO (Sick time, vacation days, personal days and holidays)
- Retirement Contributions
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Ensure the safety and supervision of a group of children 2 - 5 years of age at all times
- Provide positive behavior guidance that supports the developmental, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students
- Assist in the planning and preparation of the creative learning environment, establishment of interest centers, and preparation of needed material and supplies
- Effectively communicate, in a timely manner, with parents/guardians to create and foster a positive relationship
- Record and monitor the daily activities of children in your care
“I can do this!” What are the requirements?
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- 12 CORE units of Early Childhood Education (ECE) required, AA or BA in Early Childhood Education are highly desirable
- ECE Core courses include: Child Growth & Development, Child, Family and Community and Program/Curriculum
- Minimum of 6 month of experience working with youth in a preschool setting
- Pediatric CPR and Pediatric First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire, unless specified otherwise on contract, and must be from one of the following :
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute