YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Instructor - Group Services/Weekends
at YMCA of San Diego County
$60.00 - $70.00/Day; includes room and board
# of Openings:
YMCA Camp Marston & Raintree Ranch, located on 250 forested acres of land in Julian, California, is gearing up for their 2018/2019 Group Services Season. We are looking for youth oriented, dynamic and enthusiastic candidates for the role.
Pay Rate - Daily Rate, Plus Room & Board (while groups are present)
Time Commitment – Minimum of one weekend a month from August - June
Position Overview: During the Group Services Season (August – June), the Program Instructor will provide excellent customer service to our seasonal clients, typically on weekends (Friday evening through Sunday afternoon). Through these efforts, participants and families will feel welcomed, safe and comfortable, have fun and grow in body, mind, and spirit during their visit.
What does a Program Instructor do...
- Lead activities including (but not limited to) archery, field games, and the climbing tower with exceptional teaching and leadership skills.
- Employ good teaching and leadership techniques in providing quality instruction.
- Take full responsibility for the program areas of camp or assigned activity, including developing rules and procedures, ensuring adequate program supplies and maintaining or improving equipment and facilities.
- Follow all rules, operating procedures, and instructions, carry and use properly the necessary equipment during activities, know and follow established emergency procedures.
- Ensure the safety and supervision of students and participants.
- Maintain a positive demeanor toward camp and other staff, responding to challenges with solutions rather than complaints.
- Provide exemplary role modeling at all times when groups are in camp, and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership in camp, including cleaning of facilities and care of equipment and supplies.
- Know and abide by Camp Standard Operating Procedures. Be prompt to all activities and meetings.
What we look for in a Program Instructor...
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills including: standing, hiking and/or climbing for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate mature judgment and positive public relation skills.
- CPR and First Aid certification required prior to working with participants and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross, American Heart Association or American Safety & Health Institute.