YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
$11.50 - $13.06/Hour
Offered at multiple locations
# of Openings:
Current Recreation Leader Opportunities:
- South Bay Family YMCA (Chula Vista)
Seeking a fun and energetic person to join our team of Recreation Leaders to supervise participants in daily program activities. The Recreation Leader will collaborate with other team members, families, and school personnel to provide structured activities within the community. This role will also ensure a safe and supportive environment and offer program activities that include physical fitness, arts, cooperative games, and healthy choices and behaviors. This position exemplifies a strong desire to mentor children and youth, strengthen families, and serve the community.
What a Recreation Leader Does…
- Actively supervise program participants, ensuring their guidance and safety at all times.
- Assist in the planning, management, and implementation of age-appropriate program activities that engage students in active and meaningful experiences.
- Communicate in a positive and professional manner with all participants, families, school and district personnel, and community partners.
- Provide positive behavior guidance that supports the developmental, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students.
- Perform daily duties that ensure space is properly maintained, organized, clean, and safe.
What We Look for in a Recreation Leader…
- Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma/GED.
- Must have sincere interest working with children 5-12 years of age.
- Physical ability to lead activities such as sports, games, academic assistance, assemblies, transitions, and other program activities.
- Fingerprint clearance from DOJ/FBI required prior to working.
- TB test clearance within 60 days prior to employment or prior to working on a school site.
- Completion of Child Abuse Prevention training prior to working with program participants.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 30 days of hire, unless specified otherwise on contract, and must be from one of the following certifying organization: American Red Cross or American Heart Association.