YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of San Diego County
Looking for a job outdoors?
Do you have an interest in teaching Swim Lessons?
Are you 16 or older?
Get Certified and Join us a Swim Instructor!
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Ecke Family YMCA is hiring 2 Swim Instructors
Must be available 2:00PM - 4:00PM - Monday -Friday
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- We Train & Certify! – No Certifications? No problem.
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Ensures that practice time is sufficient for all students to learn skills
- Follows logical skill progressions
- Recognizes and corrects improper strokes or skills using positive feedback
- Communicates effectively with students in a patient, friendly manner
- Show how you are a positive role model
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 16 or older
- Current YMCA Swim Lesson or Red Cross SWI Certification
- Must crossover to YMCA certification within 6 months
- Other Current Certifications:
- CPR PRO/AED
- First Aid
- The Certifications above must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
- Must pass written and practical skills exam prior to duty
- Must have visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and physical ability to act swiftly in emergency situations
- Must have ability to observe participant activities adequately, to enforce safety regulations and to apply appropriate policies and procedures