YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Gymnastics Coach
at YMCA of San Diego County
Looking for a fun job in Gymnastics?
Do you love coaching Gymnastics and building skills?
Are you 18 or older?
Want to go to the
Gym & Pool for FREE ?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
North County – Magdalena Ecke Family YMCA (1 Boys Coach and 1 Girls Coach) | Dan McKinney Family YMCA (2 Power Team Coaches; Mon - Thurs Evenings)
East County – Cameron Family YMCA (1 Boys Coach)
South County - Eastlake YMCA
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends - Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Prepare and train boys and girls with gymnastic skills and equipment
- Supervise and instruct participants on proper use of equipment
- Maintain a safe environment at all times
- Understand and enforce safety regulations
- Keep equipment in good condition
- Stay informed about the program specifics such as session dates, prices, classes, days, and times
- Work with the program director to ensure all participants are registered and in the correct class
- Maintain accurate records of class attendance
- Distribute certificates of achievement and program evaluations to class participants
- Show enthusiasm, leadership, fairness, and fun through coaching style
- Communicate with parents regarding program evaluations and participant progress
- Attend training events and instructor clinics when made available
- Encourage positive social skills and appropriate behavior
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have 2 years of experience instructing gymnastics
- Ability to spot school-age children in basic skills
- Knowledge of boys’ and girls’ gymnastics equipment
- Familiar with USA Gymnastics progressive levels
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related physical skills
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations, and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
- CPR and First Aid certified required within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute