YMCA of San Diego County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth Leader - Expanded Learning Programs
at YMCA of San Diego County
$12.00 - $13.00/Hour
Offered at multiple locations
# of Openings:
Current Youth Leader - Expanded Learning Program Opportunities:
- North County Expanded Learning Programs (Escondido | Oceanside | Vista | Encinitas)
- Central San Diego Expanded Learning Programs (Metro/Mid San Diego | Mission Valley | Point Loma | Ocean Beach | Pacific Beach | La Jolla | Southeast San Diego)
- South County Expanded Learning Programs (Chula Vista | San Ysidro | National City/San Diego | South Park)
- South Bay Teens (Chula Vista)
Seeking fun, energetic, and dedicated candidates to join our team in the role of Youth Leader – Expanded Learning Programs. Youth Leaders provide support and leadership to youth in the before & after school program setting, which are located through out San Diego County and consist of mainly K-5, K-8, Middle School programs, however there are even High School programs as well. Under the supervision of a Site Supervisor, Youth Leaders collaborate with fellow team members to create and facilitate academic and enrichment activities for youth between the ages of 4 – 18 years of age. Ideal Youth Leaders are not only passionate about engaging with youth every day, but also excited about being an active part of the program and their own professional development. This role requires excellent communication, creativity, patience and many other professional, transferable skillsets that will help with upward mobility within the Y or anywhere else you want to go. This role is ideal for someone wanting to break into the Child & Youth Development field or someone who just wants to make a difference in the lives of youth.
Individuals selected for this position receive a free family membership, paid sick leave (once accrued), paid professional development opportunities and training. All YMCA staff have a great opportunity to be a part of an organization that positively impacts the lives of others!
What a Youth Leader in Expanded Learning Programs Does…
- Actively supervise program participants, ensuring their guidance and safety at all times.
- Assist in the planning, management, and implementation of age-appropriate program activities that engage students in active and meaningful experiences.
- Collaborate with school personnel and program partners to align high quality academic activities and coordinate student services.
- Provide positive behavior guidance that supports the developmental, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students.
What We Look for in a Youth Leader in Expanded Learning Programs…
- Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma/GED.
- Must meet minimum qualifications for a highly qualified Classroom Assistant/Instructional Aide in the district in which the assigned school operates; AA/AS degree, 48 college units, or passing score on district’s Classroom Assistant/Instructional Aide proficiency exam acceptable.
- CPR and First Aid certified upon hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations: American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or American Safety & Health Institute.